- How do I get started? – Contact an engineer! You can call us at 314-714-1580 or fill out our contact form. Either method, you will be directed to an engineer to discuss your project at hand.
- Do you accept NDA’s? – Absolutely, most often we prefer clients to send us an NDA. You can submit NDA’s through our contact form or call us to speak directly with a Machine Vision engineer: 314-714-1580.
- How big is EPIC’s facility? – Our main facility is 34,000 sq. ft. with an additional 20,000 sq. ft. at a remote location.
- What if I can’t find my industry or the service I am looking for on your website? – Contact us! EPIC’s engineers have knowledge and experience in numerous industries and services, not all of which are listed on our site…
- How experienced are your Machine Vision engineers? – Our Machine Vision Engineers average more than 20 years of experience in machine vision systems and integration. Our Mechanical Engineers average over 20 years of manufacturing experience. We also have a group of Power and Controls Engineers who average over 22 years of automation and programming experience.
- How is EPIC Machine Vision different? – We maximize speed of delivery while minimizing downtime with off-site parallel fabrication of machine vision systems and on-site facilities preparation. Your machine vision applications arrive fully assembled and tested with all utility systems pre-installed. Some companies just sell the camera. We sell the system.
- What information do you need from me to discuss my application? – There is no set requirement; you do not need to have everything figured out before you call EPIC. Your EPIC engineer is the expert in developing custom vision systems for all types of applications. If you are not sure if the application is even possible, please call us. We would be happy to discuss the application and help to sort out the details.
- Does EPIC use only brand _____ machine vision cameras? – EPIC does have very good partnerships with many of our vendors. However, EPIC does not have any exclusive alliance with one particular camera brand. Our unique position as a nationally recognized machine vision integrator allows EPIC to work with multiple hardware and software platforms. This enables EPIC to work on the plant standard or preferred platform selected by you, our customer.
- Does EPIC have a standard vision kit I can buy for my application? – EPIC do es not have an out of the box vision system with model number 123 for (XYZ) inspection application that is sitting on a shelf waiting for you to call and order. In most cases, EPIC has worked on a system similar to your application, and we can borrow from our previous design experience.
We do not shoehorn a standard system design to try to make it work for your system, because this often leads to inaccurate inspections or wastes time re-programming and troubleshooting. Instead, EPIC will use your application requirements to create a custom vision system that does EXACTLY what you are looking for. In short, no, we don’t have a pre-designed part number for you to order. But in most cases, yes, EPIC can create a vision system for your inspection application.
- Are Custom Vision Systems More Expensive? Why Would I Want a Custom System? – Most vision systems are unique and are designed to be application specific. Custom is not necessarily more expensive. A custom design for your application ensures that the turnkey system you purchase will do what you want it to do; it is specifically designed for that function, for your process.
We can either spend time developing the exact inspection system you need, or re-programming a retrofitting a “standard” solution to try to “make it work” for you. We offer the first approach, and chose not to waste time, money and effort with “re-tooling” a standard solution, which is often more difficult than just starting with a blank page.
Not that we start from a blank page. We have designed many vision systems over the years, and chances are we have a base from a similar application we can jump start your project with.