EPIC takes turnkey responsibility for your global rollouts by standardizing systems, guaranteeing ship-dates, and adhering to all domestic and international guidelines for your global rollouts. We develop repeatable solutions, tested in one facility and rolled out nation-wide or worldwide.
Designing vision systems that fit varying set-ups, local standards and staff without redesign is our specialty. Standardization means consistent inspection programs, mechanical setup, electrical components, and system controls. No matter how many systems you ship or where they end up in the world, EPIC Vision Systems perform to the highest standards.
Contact one of our machine vision experts today, or read about some of our recent global rollouts below.
Six continents have seen an EPIC system installed
Optical Character Verification (OCV) Systems for Snack Foods
This vision system is designed to be an on-line vision inspection system. It uses customized PC software, with Optical Character Verification (OCV) technology, to inspect and verify the correct code and the quality and legibility of the can date code characters. The OVC vision system uses PLC logic, an encoder and a high speed pneumatic rejector to track and reject cans that fail inspection.
CLIENT: Fortune 500 Food & Beverage Company
INDUSTRY: Food Processing
MANUFACTURING PLANT LOCATIONS:
America (multiple locations), Belgium, Poland, Malaysia
- PC with FlexOCV Vision Software
- HMI for product selection, defect monitoring and real-time image display
- PLC and Encoder to track cans that fail inspection
- High speed Pneumatic rejection system
- Achieve a .03 false failure rate on a line running 1000 cans/minute
- Design a vision system for easy installation and maintenance
- Provide method for maintenance technician to add new Date Code Formats
Automated Continuous Web Inspection Systems:
A line scan inspection was designed to perform on a continuous web production line. The machine vision system was engineered to identify rejects at 1,000+ parts per minute. The inspections are periodically updated to handle new materials and design features. Over 100 systems installed worldwide.
CLIENT: Fortune 500 Consumer Products Company
INDUSTRY: Homecare products
MANUFACTURING PLANT LOCATIONS:
America (multiple plants), Europe (several countries), Asia (several countries), Northern Africa
- Cognex line scan vision system with Ethernet/IP and OPC Communications
- Continuous improvements to reduce scrap rates and further increase product reliability
- High inspection rate (1,000+ parts per minute)
- Reliable reject identification and rejection
- Multiple camera inspection locations along a web
- 100+ installations
- OCV Systems for Snack FoodsThis label inspection system uses Optical Character Verification (OCV) technology to inspect and verify the correct code and the quality and legibility of date code characters on the packaging. EPIC takes turnkey responsibility for your global rollout by standardizing systems, guaranteeing ship-dates, and adhering to all domestic and international guidelines for your global rollouts.
- Parts inspection system destined for China, Europe and AsiaWe develop repeatable solutions, tested in one facility and rolled out nationally or worldwide. This system was rolled out to plants in China, Europe, and Asia to inspect parts during production for various potential defects.
- Standard High Speed Date/Code Inspection SystemsStandardization means consistent inspection programs, mechanical setup, electrical components, and system controls. This system needs to achieve .03 false failure rate on a line running 1000 cans/minute and be installed at multiple locations in the US, Belguim, Poland and Malaysia
- 100+ Identical Label Inspection SystemsNo matter how many systems you ship or where they end up in the world, EPIC Vision Systems perform to the highest standards. This system for a Fortune 500 company is engineered to identify rejects at 1,000+ parts per minute and over 100 identical systems were installed worldwide.
- Vision Systems Designed for Global RolloutFrom character recognition on labels to product inspection for numerous defect possibilities, we produce a wide variety of vision systems that can provide high speed, consistent results. To read about some of our recent global rollouts, click on the photo.