Complete Solutions Ready to Protect Your Products
Protect product quality while supporting production by eliminating scrap, labor and holds with EPIC vision solutions for the food and beverage applications. Automated vision solutions can inspect with high consistency for multiple defects at high speeds. Areas of production that benefit from machine vision include:
- Product quality
- Packaging integrity
- Ingredient verification
- Allergen management
- Scrap reduction
- Product holds
- Compliance, including CFR Part 11
Product changeovers, product variations, and automation challenges have increased due to consumer and competition demands. EPIC can help you address the challenges of lean manufacturing with automated inspection systems that perform:
- Ingredient verification: detects that all ingredients are present on the product packaging – critically important with foods containing know allergens
- Date code inspection: verifies presence of date code on product packaging in addition to inspecting date accuracy for perishable items
- 2D barcode inspection
- Lot code inspection: detects presence of lot codes for product should a recall occur
- Label inspection: detects accuracy of label placement and orientation
- Artwork inspection: verifies that artwork is present and accurate on product packaging
- Fill level verification: detects inconsistencies in the filling process – ensures product meets quality standard set be manufacturer
Get EPIC Results
When you buy an EPIC Vision system, you get a complete solution that arrives at your facility pre-tested on your products at production rates. EPIC solutions arrive ready to plug-in and inspect. Instead of sinking time into figuring out the right camera, the right angles, and how to integrate all the inspection pieces together, you can rely on our 25 years of experience designing vision systems to deliver the right solution.
Every EPIC vision system:
- Is designed to minimize line downtime, scrap and labor
- Delivers a high lifetime value and is designed for 10+ years of successful operation
- Comes pre-assembled on it’s own stand that is designed to maintain optimal inspection conditions
- Gets fully integrated into your existing controls for seamless product changeover
- Inspects at 99%+ accuracy
- Does not require operator adjustments helping maintain inspection accuracy
- Stops defects within a few products
Custom Solutions by EPIC Machine Vision for Food & Beverage Customers
Missing, cut-off or mislabeled allergen information are common and expensive problems for food manufacturing companies. You can protect your customers and your brand by ensuring that all products leaving your plant are labeled with the correct allergen information with our allergen label verification vision systems. These systems can read the text on labels or containers as they pass by and alert line operators if allergen information is missing, cutoff, or unreadable even at high line speeds.
Auto-Trainable Systems that Allow You to Add Infinite New Products
An auto-trainable vision system allows line operators to add hundreds of new product combinations without the need for additional integration support. This minimizes long-term costs and helps the company stay competitive by allowing frequent additions and changes to its product mix. The machine vision system uses the first 10 products to train the vision software on label/artwork/code combinations for both the front and back labels, and then inspects at full speed thereafter.
Optical character recognition (OCR) is a machine vision method commonly used for packaging inspections of artwork, 2D matrix, and expiration and date codes. This video illustrates how flexible OCR vision inspection systems can be used to inspect consumer packaged goods at high speeds.