- Project Engineer at EPIC Systems
- 4+ years of experience working in the custom LED lighting industry
- Graduated with honors from the University of Missouri St. Louis / Washington University Engineering
- Electrical engineering
- LED lighting systems
- Cognex In-sight software and vision systems
- Troubleshooting and repair on electrical systems
- Project management
- Machine vision system design and inspection algorithms
- Customer account management
- Project engineer at EPIC Systems, Inc.
Most Challenging Vision System Project
Line Scan Camera System for High Speed Web Inspection
Russo manages one of EPIC’s ongoing and large scale machine vision projects. The client partnered with EPIC to install line scan camera systems for high speed web inspections at dozens of international plant locations.
For global rollouts of machine vision systems, the camera integrated systems must be identical and calibrated to run identical inspection programs world-wide.
The scale and aggressive schedule is the most challenging aspect of the project. “I am responsible for managing vendors, fabrication, quality and calibration of the camera systems as well as troubleshooting faulty units, shipping and managing deadlines,” Russo explained.
“In the beginning, this project had many technical challenges to address. It challenged me to become a better project manager to deliver quality systems and keep up with client’s time-sensitive requests,” said Russo.
Russo’s main job focus is to serve the customer by delivering quality solutions on time. “I enjoy the challenges of managing projects, meeting deadlines & delivering a product that satisfies our customer,” said Russo.
In his free time, Russo likes to hang out with friends and relax at home. He enjoys sampling different types of whiskey and cigars. “A few of my hobbies include playing bass guitar, golfing and throwing darts,” said Russo.